Thursday, February 19, 2009

a few fun websites

I was extremely productive/accomplished today. I got all my work done, then some, except for writing my next big paper, which isn't really due until Sunday ( i know, weird.). However! on my less productive days, I spend my time "studying" looking at websites and programs that sometimes interesting, sometimes funny, and often not super conducive to learning. Below is a short list of my favorite internet past times...

pandora.com-- make new stations by typing in random letters and picking the first artist/song that comes up

sadsteve.com-- free music. no seriously. free music. completely illegal. but still, free music.

steepandcheap.com and tramdock.com-- I've gotten better about not buying as much, but that doesn't keep me from checking them every 10 minutes!

FreeRice- they have subjects now!

Postsecret.blogspot.com-- changes every Sunday, super interesting and a great way to kill a bit of time

fmylife.com-- kind of depressing, but if you're feeling a little pissed off at the world, it'll let you see that you're life really isn't that bad.

cnn.com, bbc.com, npr.org-- read news. good for your brain. listen to npr morning edition at 11:20 at night, get a head start on the next day, and feel smart!

one last one...did you know that abc.com now has a full episode player of every show I watch! It's great. Grey's, Private Practice, and Bros&Sis...all right there. every Friday.

On a separate note, I wore my first official, completely hippie outfit today. my tie-dye shirt I made earlier this week (it turned out great!), jeans with holes, birkenstocks, a necklace made out of a tree nut, and a french braid. This inspired me to think about spring break, and how I should help all my state school/lutheran school friends in on the hippie fun over spring break...introducing--> hippie day! including tie-dye, simon & garfunkel, braiding hair, sunshine, and guitar jam sessions. I talked to SEK about it, and she agreed. most excellent! On the note of hippie-ness, here's my new favorite song for the week....no idea what they're saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment