Wednesday, February 25, 2009

College is...work.

I had this realization a few days ago. College is not going to class for a little bit, hanging out, chilling, partying, sleeping 'til noon. NOT TRUE. It shouldn't be advertised as such either, by anybody. College is work. Getting up at 8:30 on a day you don't have class to get a head start on your essay and staying up 'til midnight because you have too much stuff to read WORK. oh well...that's why it costs so much, right?

Not that it's not interesting. I feel like a huge nerd in that sometimes I actually want to do my homework, read my book and everything. But at the same time, that's a good thing I guess.

~~~~~~

I had a meeting with my professor, JM, today, and it boosted my academic self-esteem, and personal ego in a serious way. She was meeting with everyone in our class today for 20 minutes about our essays due next week, and I was the last meeting for the morning. Right before me was the obnoxious know-it-all rich kid who drives everyone insane, including JM, and doesn't even realize it. She walks out into the hall, after he leaves, "Kate! (huge sigh of relief)" "long morning" "yes, but there's some interesting stuff here, so it'll get better."-- how's that for a compliment? I know out of context with who this woman is, it doesn't seem like much, but just the fact that she thinks its interesting, and doesn't rip it apart, is a good sign. woot woot!

~~~~~

I'm giving up seconds a the cafeteria for lent. It's going to be rough. I considered giving up coffee for lent, but then realized that I don't really wake up until halfway through my mug in the mornings, and that would be bad for the last week and a half of classes.

~~~~

I've come to really appreciate my roommates this week. They're not loud, obnoxious, or smelly. Our room is possibly the cleanest in this whole school (they inspire me to organize, but don't pressure!). Our room is a designated "safe zone," which means after 12 o'clock, and even sooner on weekends, no booze, no boys, no noise. Which is lovely and means home is always home.

~~~~~~


It's Cupcake's birthday tomorrow, Feb. 26th. Shoot him a feliz cumpleaƱos!

1 comment:

  1. Kate! I'm so so glad to hear that your one of those productive students! it really pays off! I also feel like the only one that actually comes to class perpared.. but hey thats ok! I can't WAIT to see you in a few weeks! were in the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete