Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

What a fantastic weekend.

I made a spontaneous decision to go up to see Kels instead of heading to FC, and while I'm sure I would've loved that too...it was so great to see Kels and I had the greatest Easter. We had a 10 course gourmet dinner at her friend's house, I got to sleep in til 10:35 and not be woken up by slamming doors and obnoxious yelling, I got a little bit of Chem done of Saturday, got to hang out with Kels again Saturday night, went to Easter vigil (which was awesome!), then church again this morning! Sorry that was basically one huge run on sentence, but I thought just listing stuff off would be faster than writing it all out!

~~~

The church service this morning was really awesome. Kels found this ELCA church in Glenwood, and the people there truly amazed me with how welcoming and kind they all were to both of us. The music was good, the pastor had a funny, entertaining, AND thought-provoking Easter sermon involving Monty Python and Cookie-Monster and Jesus "gettin' up in your grill."

~~~~

Kels and I both commented on how this was our first time not having Easter with the whole family. No big Easter brunch, with delicious food and lots of people. Just the two of us, at McDonalds, with small coffees, hashbrowns, and McMuffins. It's going to be one of my most favorite Easters ever, I think.

1 comment:

  1. oh man, your going to have to tell me a little more about this service you went to, it sounds entertaining!

    ReplyDelete