Sunday, April 5, 2009

Insurance

I had strep throat a while ago and went to the student health clinic on campus for some drugs. I just got the insurance paperwork in the mail the other day. On the front it says:

Important Papers Enclosed:
1. Open Immediately
2. Read
3. Send Home To Parents

I laughed out loud. Opened it, read it, and fully intend on bringing it home with me and sending it over to my parents. I wish all of my papers could be handled (and instructed) so perfectly. I'm guessing after college they stop putting that on your insurance paperwork though. That's too bad.

~~~~~~

I have an iGoogle homepage, and a little part of it has 3 quotes of the day. All three of them today made me laugh and/or appreciate their wittiness.

Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everybody agrees that it is old enough to know better.
- Anonymous
Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein.
- Joe Theismann
Don't you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work.
- Gallagher

~~~~~

I love Ray Charles. He calms me down like nothing else when I'm feeling anxious or stressed or generally upset.
One of my favorite songs--
This is a great video. The caption reads: A very rare 1963 performance by Ray Charles in São Paulo, Brazil, recorded one day before his 33rd birthday. This set is a remarkable find. Beyond its historical significance, the video provides enormous pleasure: We get to see and hear Ray, The Genius at his absolute best, exactly as it was show then...



this one too:


~~~~~~~~~~

I'm reading Ahab's Wife right now...and MAN is it EPIC. I'm not going to divulge details, cuz I think if you have some free brain cells and a bit of time, you should read it. But it's been 400 pages of swash-buckling, Kentucky-wintering, lighthouse-climbing epicness. It's exhaustive. But a good read.

~~~~~

MT introduced me to this comedian and I think he's just awesome. He just kills me, and I think I was in the right goofy mood to appreciate the first time I watched it, so it was all especially hilarious. Enjoy the one liners and nice background music--


No comments:

Post a Comment