Monday, March 30, 2009

Books

I love books. And, not to brag, it's just a fact, I read a lot of them. I read a lot of bad books, but I also read a remarkable number of good ones. And there is no doubt in my mind that I would not be sane today, after going through high school, South America, and now college, without books. And so, on this dreary Monday, some of my favorites-

To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
The Red Tent- Anita Diamant
The Awakening- Kate Chopin
The Scarlet Pimpernel- Baroness Orczy
The Bean Trees, Pigs in Heaven, The Poisonwood Bible- Barbara Kingsolver
Anna Karenina- Tolstoy
The Catcher in the Rye- Salinger
Flowers for Algernon- Keyes
Pride and Prejudice- Austen
The Things They Carried- Tim O'Brien
The Life of Pi- Yann Martel
The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand
100 Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Time Traveler's Wife- Audrey Niffenegger
The Davinci Code, Angels and Demons- Dan Brown
Things Fall Apart- Chinua Achebe
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo- Stieg Larsson
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress- Dai Sijie
Gathering Blue- Lois Lowery
Little Women- Louisa May Alcott
House of Spirits, Eva Luna- Isabel Allende
Fight Club- Chuck Palahniuk


Obviously not completely thorough, and I seriously hesitated on Fight Club, but it's a general overview of all my favs that come to mind. Please comment and add your own favorites! I'm going through books like wildfire and will need something else to read soon!

If I haven't already raved to you about it yet...my new fav. website (after f-book of course) www.booksidoneread.blogspot.com ~~do it!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could read as fast as you do so I could read MORE books. 2 books to add to your list of favs: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. Novels help you escape from the "chemistry" in your life. I'm glad you have books to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete