Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Flying Home

Yay! It has been 9 hours since I finished my oral final exam for my FYE history class, Civilizations in the Middle East. What a fantastic 9 hours. My final went well, and I feel like overall the class was pretty good. But Seriously, I was so ready to be done with that class. Adios Islam! Hooray!

~~~~

I'm sitting in the DIA, and I realize now that I picked a particularly bad spot to sit and eat my Panda Express. "Caution, the moving walk is nearing its end. Please watch your step. Thank you." Bose headphones time! and my new favorite song for the past few days/weeks (can't really keep track) but the music video is fantastic. I feel very politically active just listening to it.



~~~~

So, I know I talk a lot about the stuff I read, and I have the feeling I'm going to be quoting a lot of stuff in this blog. But it's what I do. I read. I read for class, read for pleasure, read to get tired, read to kill time, read to get through college, read to get more knowledge. You get the idea.

I've been reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson since December, and I just can't seem to get through it. It's interesting, but at the same time it's not. At times it's funny, and at times it's just a history of national parks and very dry...whatever. I can identify with a lot of the stuff he talks about though, and says, especially this last one. It made me laugh out loud on the plane because it is just SO true. And I whole-heartedly agree-
"If there is a greater reason for being grateful to be alive in the twentieth century than the joy of stepping from the dog's breath air of a really hot summer's day to the crisp, clean, surgical chill of an air conditioned establishment, then I really can't think of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment